Holy Rosary Cathedral seeks a full-time secretary. Reporting to the Rector, the Secretary is responsible for managing and implementing plans, policies and procedures to ensure the smooth day to day running and operation of the office. It is essential that the incumbent has a good understanding of all aspects of office functions, including the ability to enter and record accurate financial data and coordinating the booking and use of Rosary Hall. As the first point of contact with parishioners and the public, the Secretary must carry out all duties in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner while being an ambassador of mercy.
The successful candidate must:
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation;
- Have proven time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision;
- Have the ability to prepare and publish the weekly bulletin, letters and miscellaneous correspondence;
- Be professional, responsive, and have a positive work attitude, including a dedication to punctuality;
- Have the ability to maintain filing systems and basic databases (maintaining and recording parishioner, sacramental, and financial records, etc.);
- Have basic book-keeping skills;
- Have superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills;
- Have the ability to work in a collaborative manner;
- Take initiative in problem solving without constant supervision and must be able to identify issues requiring the Rector’s attention;
- Have considerable knowledge of the principles and practices governing a Catholic environment and the application of these at the parish level;
- Have the desire to strive for a Christ-like character with a joyful heart for God to serve in humility;
- Maintain absolute confidentiality;
- Meet Archdiocesan Safe Environment requirements and protocols.
Experience, Education and Training Requirements:
- Experience and knowledge in office administration management as well as significant experience in general office, bookkeeping, and accounting procedures and systems;
- Offer a minimum of two years of previous work experience in a similar role;
- Be computer proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Outlook, Word and, Excel; knowledge and proficient working in Sage 50 and Paritek will be an asset.
- At present, this full-time position has regular working hours of 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Please submit a résumé by email only with a cover letter with attention to Very Rev. Stanley Galvon byJune 20th, 2016 with “Office Secretary” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.