Dear Parishioners and Visitors,
Here are some suggestions on how to be a good steward of the Lenten season. These ideas come from the International Catholic Stewardship Council. These ideas are meant to keep us on task during this Lenten season ie. working with God’s graces so generously offered to us:
- Prayer, fasting and almsgiving are pillars of Lent. Try to do one thing daily in each of these categories. Stretch yourself a bit out of old routines and come up through prayer with something new and challenging to yourself.
- Place Lenten reminders around your home. Consider moving your crucifix at home to a new place to make it specially visible. Find a special picture or holy card that speaks to you and display it.
- Plan to come with family and friends to the Stations of the Cross at least once in Lent (every Wed and Fri in Lent at the Cathedral after the 5:10 pm Mass)
- Receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation and encourage your family and friends to do so.
- Make it a point to prepare for and participate in the beautiful Triduum liturgies of Holy Thursday, Good Friday and the Easter vigil if possible
After Easter, reflect on your Lenten practices. Remember that God’s mercy to us is unlimited. It’s not all about what we did but what God does within us.
Fr. Stanley Galvon